Thursday, December 16, 2010

I Had A Dream

I've been thinking about scars tonight. 


Scars from acne on cheeks that you'd only notice from lying next to someone in the light, trying to figure out the mysteries their face hides so well. 
Scars from chicken pox that shouldn't have been scratched. I almost forgot about those.
Tiny ones on fingers that no one has ever noticed, whose origins have never been quite clear.
And big ones from near fatal accidents that most people knew of, and the less familiar never know how to ask about. 


I had a dream earlier this evening that my thigh was filled with what would become tiny scars. It was at first a tattoo, but then turned into to burning painful cuts, made by a razor blade. It looked like dashes, or the kind of perforated line on forms that have sections that are made for tearing away. 


I just wanted to write that down. Maybe it'll mean something some day, or maybe I'll make it mean something later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment